Freelancing is big in India and growing at an astounding rate. It's said that 1 in every 4 freelancers is from India (source: BusinessWorld). That's massive! And the increase in the number of coworking spaces in the country goes hand in hand with the rise in the number of freelancers. Because if you're a freelancer—whether you're a writer, designer, coder or even a consultant—you need a space to work from.
As I've mentioned in previous posts, as a freelancer, you could work from home. But that isn't always convenient. There are too many disturbances and if you're like me, you might not be able to switch into work mode when a comfortable sofa or bed is within your reach and urging you to take a nice nap. Also, it's the worst when you're in the zone and working away and the doorbell rings.
This is where a coworking space comes in and proves to be a lifesaver! Let me break it down for you…
- Do you want to be within walking distance of home? Or need to stay close to your child's school? No problem! You can find a space at a location of your choice to work out of. All you have to do is book the space, drop in and work away.
- When you choose to work out of a coworking space you will have access to a dedicated seat and Wi-Fi, whenever you need to work. And you only pay for the hours you use the space.
- As a freelancer, it's hard to get into a routine since your time is yours. But when you book a seat at a coworking space you know you'll show up and concentrate on the work at hand. In this way, you get some structure into your day.
- Working from home can be lonely and not very motivating. But at a coworking space, you'll have people around you, many working away and that sense of community can increase your productivity.
- Whatever your need or budget you can find a space—you could choose to work out of a fun coworking café for a chilled-out vibe, or a more formal restaurant for a quieter space to work from. There's even the option of shared offices and meeting spaces in case you need to more privacy or have a one-on-one interaction with a client.
- When you work out of a coworking café or restaurant you'll have food and drink on hand. There's no compulsion to order but it's nice to know it's available if hunger should strike.
See, a coworking space is ideal for a freelancer. And look no further because we've got a great list of coworking spaces in your city. Check out this link to find a space that suits your requirements, budget, and location.